Wednesday 27 May 2009

Definitely Mabey

Feeling a bit down, I headed off in search of books. I know I have plenty to be getting on with but that's not the point.

It may have been my jaded state, but nothing I found really grabbed me. Not even in my favourite second hand bookshop. I picked up a couple of things, but put them back down after a couple of minutes.

Just as I was about the leave I spotted this tucked away.

It's a book I have wanted for a long time and even though it is an enormous tome, I just couldn't bring myself to buy it new (bad I know).

Quickly, I snatched it up, paid the 12 quid asking price and scuttled off grinning.
.

3 comments:

VP said...

I love this book - it was a gift one Christmas. I love the mix of botany, history, folklore - you name it, it's in there :)

NewShoot said...

So which is your favourite second hand book shop?

Bay Area Tendrils said...

Just tweeted a #followfriday w/ typo: theGardenMoney: What sort of Freudian slip might that be?